Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish,
and features weekly top-ten lists! This week it’s…
Top Ten Books On My Spring 2014 TBR List
These Spring/Summer/whatever TBR lists are the easiest lists to make — and I really like them, because it gives me a chance to show people what’s actually on my upcoming reading schedule, in the proper order! These aren’t just books I’m looking forward to reading this spring — these are the first 10 books I’m scheduled to start reading, starting on March 20 (the first day of spring)! They’re all books I will be reading, and I’m really excited about them all!
1. Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong ⇒ I’m honestly a little bit nervous about this one. I love the premise, but I’m trying not to over-hype it in my head, knowing how popular the author is for her other series… and I’ve heard mixed things about this one. I just want to love it!!
2. Exile by Kevin Emerson ⇒ This book sounds amazing. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Kevin Emerson about it (he’s a local author!) and I cannot wait to start it. It just sounds cool. Give me a book where music plays a key role, and I’m in.
3. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman ⇒ I actually started this book a few weeks ago (shhhh…), but I had to put it aside because my schedule was catching up with me. Oops. It’s really really good; a little disturbing in the beginning so far, as the main character’s “uncle” is actually Hitler, and I’ve basically been all *uncomfortable shudders* the whole time. But I can see some real potential as it goes on, and I’m excited to jump back in.
4. Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike ⇒ This one has to do with Oracles (the people), seeing the future, and has been likened to Inception (the movie). Just… yes. Want.
5. After the End by Amy Plum ⇒ This book is just so PRETTY. Plus the whole idea of people living in a post-apocalyptic society, and then finding out that it’s not actually post-apocalypse… crazy. I really really hope it’s awesome.
6. The Falconer by Elizabeth May ⇒ Seriously seriously ridiculously excited for this book!!! Scotland, faeries, faery-assassins… and I’ve heard the love-interest, Kiaran, is to. die. for. (Shut up, I’m allowed to be shallow sometimes.) I just want to jump into this book NOWWWW.
7. House of Ivy and Sorrow by Natalie Whipple ⇒ Witchcraft! Murder! Mayhem! Pretty cover! I’ve heard amazing things about this book from people whose opinion I really really trust, so I’m super excited to read this. Plus, pretty cover. Oh wait, I said that already…
8. The Taking by Kimberly Derting ⇒ As much as I love sci-fi, I have never read a book that involves alien abductions. Actually, I can’t even think of any off the top of my head. =/ But that being said, I want to read a book that involves alien abduction, and it just so happens The Taking is that book. ;) I’m super excited to read it. Plus… the cover.
9. Vivian Divine is Dead by Lauren Sabel ⇒ This book actually sounds really funny, sort of tongue-in-cheek, but also really exciting. An actress known for her action movies and killing bad guys on-screen, actually becomes the target of a madman and has to run for her life. I don’t really many “thrillers”, but I get the feeling that the tone of this one is going to be really unique, so I’m excited to start it.
10. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings ⇒ If you haven’t heard of this book yet, what rock have you been living under
no really, please tell me, I need to join you so I can get all my TBR list read without interruption. This takes place in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birth rate, and kids are trained to fight and kill in the interest of self-preservation. It sounds action packed and intense. SOOO excited to read it.
What books are at the top of YOUR spring TBR?
Let me know in the comments! And be sure to leave a link to your Top Ten post. I’d love to stop by!