Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and features weekly top-ten lists! This week it’s…
Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List
Gah, there are SO MANY books coming out soon that I can’t wait to read… but there are also a lot of already-released books that I’m dying to finally read, as well (my library has been good to me recently, lol). So I’m going to split my list into two lists of five: My Top Five Most Anticipated Fall New Releases, and a general “TBR” top five for this fall. ;)
—— Top Five Most Anticipated Fall New Releases ——
1. STEELHEART, 9/24 ⇒ This one is about a world where certain people end up gaining superpowers – but only the bad people – and the rest of ‘normal’ humanity has to fight to survive. Brandon Sanderson is my FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER, but he usually writes for ‘adults’. So the fact that this is a post-apocalyptic YA title is SO EXCITING. Favorite author + favorite genre = INSTA-PREORDER. I can’t wait till this arrives in my mailbox.
2. VICIOUS, 9/24 ⇒ This is not a YA title, but it’s my one of my newest favorite authors, Victoria Schwab. It sounds like an amazing ‘supervillian’ book – dark and intense. Yes please.
3. THE HOUSE OF HADES, 10/8 ⇒ I don’t even have words. Only *flails*. (PJO fans, you understand, right?) GIVE IT TO ME NOW.
4. NEVER FADE, 10/15 ⇒ I’m currently reading The Darkest Minds and omg. Loving it. NEED THE SEQUEL, STAT.
5. THESE BROKEN STARS, 12/10 ⇒ One of my most-anticipated books this year. Stranded on a deserted
island planet?! This has my name written all over it.
—— Top Five (Already-Released) Books on My Fall 2013 TBR List ——
6. DEFIANCE ⇒ I’ve heard a LOT about this book from a LOT of different sources – and I just got it and its sequel from the library, so I need to read it ASAP. Plus the cover is just so pretty.
7. THE 100 ⇒ This is apparently going to be a TV show on the CW sometime this year, so I definitely want to read the book before checking that out. From the trailer for the show, it looks like it could be really good.
8. BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA ⇒ This one just came out, but I have seriously been looking forward to this book for EVER, and I’m really excited to read it. It sounds super chilling and atmospheric.
9. THE PALADIN PROPHECY ⇒ I’ve had my eye on this one ever since I saw it in Barnes & Noble last April. But I recently stumbled on Ashley’s review of it, and was instantly convinced that I need to read this book. She described it as Harry Potter meets Percy Jackson meets some kind of secret-society/conspiracy thing. I just… that sounds SO GOOD TO ME and I need to read it ASAP.
10. SANCTUM ⇒ I requested this from my library forever ago, I think because I knew it was one of Octavia‘s favorites (and she has awesome taste). Well, the library finally relinquished its copy to me, and I am SUPER excited to read it. XD
What books are YOU looking forward to reading this fall?
Let me know in the comments! And be sure to leave a link to your Top Ten post. I’d love to stop by!